I went to Walgreens for all of 15 minutes today and came back to quite a surprise. Don't tell me these animals aren't as smart as can be. Somehow, in that short
amount of time, Bella managed to get the basket which contained some vitamins and other medications AND the peanut butter off the kitchen counter. Not sure how she
managed to get the top off of the peanut butter but the proof is in these photographs....the one with Petie feasting from the jar AND the peanut butter that I found all over Bella's paw!
For little Petie, there are major benefits to having a very smart big sister who loves peanut butter...especially when she allows him to join in the party.
My friend, Kevin, who works at Walgreens had just asked me..."how is your girl?" I told him that she was just great. That is true, of course but at that moment I didn't know she was pulling off this caper.
After I got everything cleaned up, the three of us went out on the patio and I threw the ball for them. No one knows what to do! Petie thought about it and then decided against chasing it and Bella was afraid of it! I think we need Leia, Michael's dog.
She would show them both really fast what a ball is for.
Leia's whole attitude about life is......."WHERE'S THE PARTY!!"
I've posted a couple of pictures of Leia and Michael.
A year or so ago, the apartment building where my sons were living had a major fire. It got right up to the wall in Michael's bedroom. Leia was in her crate and John and Michael were not at home at the time.
A neighbor told one of the firemen that there was a dog in the apartment and he broke the door down, went in and brought her out. The apartment was filled with smoke and she was lethargic.
I'm so thankful that she was saved. She's such a great dog with such a love for life. It would have been horrible to think of her dying like that.
She is still as full of life as ever. It's just a delight to watch Leia do anything...chase a ball, play in the park or whatever. She has such an adorable way about her because she just loveslife so much.
9/1/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.