9/1/09

A New Dog


Monday, February 9, 2009
It's warm today and I've been on the patio with Bella and Petie. The first thing I noticed about Bella is how very different she is. The last time it was warm enough to spend time outside was when she first came home. She was so sick,
withdrawn, sad, starving and afraid.

Now she is well, playful, happy and a little overweight! She engages me and lets me
know she feels good and wants to play and get her scratches.

If I had played with her when she first got here, she wouldn't have known what was going on and it probably would have frightened her. Now, she loves it when I say, "I'm gunna get you" and she starts to wag her tail because she knows she's
about to get her hugs, kisses and scratches :)

She runs across the patio...usually to bark at Oliver which I don't like but sometimes to bark as a way of protecting our home. Dr. Heartsill said if she survived I'd have a "new dog" and that's exactly what has happened. The only thing that is the same is her enduring sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.