
January, 2009
I took Bella in for a check up with Dr. Heartsill because she has been itching quite a bit. I was hoping that she had lost a couple of pounds but she had gained about 5 more! She is right at 80 pounds now! Dr. Heartsill would really like for her to be about 73 and when the warm weather gets here and she gets a little more exercise, that might happen. I keep thinking of how starved she was when I first got her and she has always enjoyed her food.
Dr. Heartsill put her back on another round of Temeril-P for the itching and it takes care of it right away. The problem is that it's a steroid and we can't keep her on it very long. Fortunately, she hadn't been on any of it in a while so we
were able to test her for allergies. I'm looking forward to seeing that report and I hope it's something that we can help her with.
I'm dropping her off on Monday evening so she can get her teeth cleaned on Tuesday. She also has a broken tooth which I believe was there when she got here. Dr. Heartsill hates to give her anesthesia because of all that she has been through
but we've waited as long as we can and her teeth do need some attention. I think she will do fine.
This is the same sweet angel who was put under to be spayed at the shelter when she
was so sick and really near death. They should never have done that to her! She came through, though...and the tech's comment to me was...."she did fine." Right. I guess by that you mean she didn't die! That was a huge mistake, poor Bella
Rose.
She's also doing better at going outside on the leash in the front yard to potty. She isn't just crazy about it but not as scared so we are making a little progress. She goes out, tinkles real fast and then wants to come right back in. So cute.
Then she waits at the door until Petie gets in the house.
Well, that's about all that's going on right now. Will let you know what I find out about her allergy tests. If she needs injections I can give those here. I just hope that whatever is making her itch can be dealt with and she can be comfortable.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 11:55 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.