9/1/09

Dental Care


January, 2009
Sweet Bella Rose went in yesterday afternoon late so that she could have
her teeth cleaned this morning. Just spoke with the doctor. We knew that
she had probably never had any attention to her teeth and we knew that
all of her front teeth and many others had been worn down to almost nothing
from either biting a chain or a cage, trying to get out.

So, it ended up being a little more involved. Three teeth hadto be extracted...two small ones and unfortunately, the left upper canine tooth :( Dr. Heartsill cut the tooth in half after she extracted it to see how far the disease had advanced and
it was all the way to the top. Very shortly, Bella would have been in a lot of pain just from this one tooth.

I think there was a bone graft, too. As I understand it, some of the bone had to be removed and replaced. She just said that Bella would be swollen and uncomfortable so we decided to leave her there for the night and keep her comfortable.

Well, my sweet girl has some missing teeth but we will make the best of the situation with what we have. To me, she is perfect in every way. I'm just so glad that she has finally had some dental attention and now we can move on, knowing that
this has been addressed.

God bless my Bella Rose. It's just ridiculous how much I love her. I guess it's all that we've been through together and it's definitely the way she looks at me...that just melts my heart.

I can't wait to get her back and give her lots of hugs and kisses. If it wouldn't upset her I'd go see her right now but Dr. H is going to keep her comfortable on medication for the evening. I'll see her tomorrow and then the hugging and the
kissing will begin!!!

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with my sweet girl. She is everything that I had hoped for and more. Your love shines through her and shows us all how much You love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.