
She's back home :) It was
soooooo good to see her. She's doing really well.
She has eaten some nice soft pasta with a little olive oil and cheese on it and now she is sleeping on her bed...right where she belongs.
Petie is in my bed and he just chased Oliver out of the room. He can be very protective of Bella and he knows when she doesn't feel well.
Then I went to get Ollie and put him up on the bed with Petie and told Petie not to be so mean. Oliver gets lonesome, too! He likes being with the family so I'll
try to get everyone to get along.
Dr. Heartsill showed me Bella's tooth that she removed...the big canine one. It was filled with disease but the interesting thing to me was, I had no idea how huge those teeth are!
There is more of that tooth that goes into the jaw bone than there is visible in the dog's mouth! It's the tooth they used in the wild to tear meat apart. So, it's quite a surgery because part of the bone has to be removed, refilled with bone graph
material, a gum flap sewn up and all of that.
The great thing about Bella is that she is well on her way nowto living a healthy life. When she came to us, she was really pretty near death. She didn't have much more time, so we are all really fortunate.
Dr. Heartsill has successfully treated her severe case of heartworms, the intestinal parasites, the out of whack blood levels and now she has a mouth full of clean,
healthy teeth.
She is also very comfortable at Dr. Heartsill's office. She hasbeen treated kindly there and she's been there quite a bit during her illnesses. I know the injections have hurt her and I know she was in pain after this dental surgery but I think that
the love that they have given her has been greater than the pain. Bella knows that they are trying to help her. She knows that they are not inflicting pain on her just to hurt her, the way her former "owner" did.
That is a wonderful feeling for me because it would beso much harder to leave her if she were really afraid. She never really minds going there? We round the turn and I say, "Bella, do you want to go see Dr. Heartsill and she looks up and is eager to get out of the care and go in :)
She's a very sweet girl. She deserves everything good that life has to offer her.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.