9/12/09

Bella's Funeral

We now have four sweet animals at the pet cemetery here in town. I can't even say where she is because my mind is still playing tricks on me and I'm afraid some horrible person will see it and go get her and hurt her....though I know that is not true and she can't be hurt anymore. It's just that in the last 11 months, I haven't been away from her much and when I was she was always with people who loved her. I've totally been in a protective mode with her. I guess I'm about half nuts right now...maybe more. I'll get better. This is just part of grief and the shock that it brings. We have all kinds of thoughts.

I was dreading her funeral because I was always such a wreck for the other three....two chihuahuas and a sweet Golden Retriever who was much like Bella Rose.

If it had not been for my son Michael, who helped me from day one to take care of this angel and two friends, Chester and Marsha being there, together with Petie (I wanted him to see where Bella was now) and three of their dogs, I would have been a mess...but I found out that friends hold you up at a time like that. I did really well...better than with any of the others....and much better than today. That's ok. It's just grief and it will get better.

My other son, John (Puddy's Daddy) loved Bella Rose, too and she loved him. He lives out of town so his time with her was limited and he couldn't be at her funeral.

At her little service, we saw her. I talked to her and I promised her that I would never let her be forgotten and never let her suffering be in vain. I told her that for as long as I live, I would try to help animals and I would do it in her name.

She had her new, soft blanket over her. I put her pink teddy bear under her arm so she could hold it. I put a rosary bracelet on her arm which had a little cross on it, some flowers from our yard and pictures of her family. I kissed her goodbye....and that was it.

I had asked if she could be buried next to the police dogs but there wasn't a spot so we chose another spot in the new section...near the pond and right over Rainbow Bridge. It's a peaceful setting.

I'm grateful that I didn't have to go through her funeral alone. Thank you Michael, Chester, Marsha, Petie, Lady, Angel and Foxy :)

I asked for some of her fur and I'm going to probably put it in a locket or some type of remembrance jewelry and wear it. I want to keep her close to me.

She will have a tombstone, like our other three and I'll post it on here eventually. It was a beautiful sunny day when we had her funeral. I'll post some pictures above. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.