8/27/09

What Was That!

So last night, it was bedtime. Petie and I were in bed and I was reading. Bella was on her little bed on the floor and, as usual, Ollie decided to come in and join us. So, in he came and got up on the bed so I could give him his nightly scratch and tummy rub. He just wanted to join the family and relax.

Well, Bella didn't like it and she got up and started pacing and whining and making it clear that she wanted him out. Naturally, Oliver's ears immediately went into the dive bomber position....like, do not mess with me Bella...but Bella started getting up in the bed and making it clear how she felt and I guess Ollie knew he was in trouble so he made a run for
it.

The problem was that there was no place to run. Petie knew trouble was coming and started to bark hysterically and try to break up whatever was getting ready to happen. Well,
they all ended up in the corner with a space of about 2 X 4 feet and no place to retreat.
All I could see was Oliver flying up in the air, down to the ground, up in the air again....about three times, all the while making that sound that cats make when they are in combat.

Bella was growling, Petie was barking and it was like all heck had just broken loose! I'm screaming for everyone to calm down! It was a peaceful, loving family Christmas scene right
out of the Walton's.

Oliver eventually broke free and ran to the dining room, followed closely by Bella and Petie. Then he made a run for it and flew up the stairs. Petie flew up right behind him to check
on him and so did I. I didn't think he was hurt because he does have the trump card..."the claws" and I didn't think Bella bit him, just scared him but I wanted to make sure. Well, he was alright and stationed behind the banister keeping a look out for Bella. He still had plenty of fight in him.

Petie was a wreck because he doesn't like fighting in the family and Bella was pacing back and forth in the front hall....she doesn't come upstairs for some reason. I was sort of worn out and
laughing at the same time because all I could see was Ollie flying up in the air over and over and recalling all the sounds that were going on at one time. One minute everything had
been nice and quiet and the next it was group insanity!

I'm sure the neighbors can hear all this if they are outside. They know I live alone with the animals and I can only imagine what they think is going on over here :)

The important thing was that everyone was alright. I guess Bella just got jealous and wanted Ollie to get away from her Mama or something. The picture I posted is pretty much the
scene right before everything blew up. Poor Ollie!
Posted by bknd2anmls at 12:04 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.