
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I was feeling pretty confused about what I should do about the heartworm treatment, whether I should put her through it, as badly as she was feeling yesterday but after talking to a few friends who had been through it with their dogs and talking with Dr. Clay and especially after seeing Bella looking so much better today, I think we are going to give it a shot.
After finally being properly medicated for both the pain and the respiritory distress, she looks brighter, stronger and morerelaxed. We really didn't know how we would find her this
morning or if we would find her alive, but when the staff arrived, she was sitting up in her cage! They all love her and are being so kind to her and I appreciate that so very much.
She is content with being at the Downtown Animal Hospital because it's such a wonderful facility, with such caring people and she gets to see all the activity.
Dr. Clay is going to give the first heartworm injection tomorrow after she gives her something to relax her. I saw another little dog today who had just been given it's first injection along with pain medication and he looked very comfortable.
So, I feel much better about things and especially about being with these particular doctors in this particular clinic. It's worth the drive all the way from Cordova, believe me.
I will bring her home soon and then it's up to me to keep her very quiet, in hopes that we don't have any large clots dislodge and strike one of her organs. I hope she does well. If
she makes it through all of this, hopefully, she will one day be strong and happy and be able to enjoy some of life's fun activities and maybe this will all be a distant memory.
Thanks for all the thoughts, concern and prayer.
I'll keep you updated :)
Posted by bknd2anmls at 8:24 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.