8/27/09

First Heartworm Treatment




Thursday, October 9, 2008
I called this morning to check on Bella and they told me that she had torn up her nice, soft comforter so I guess she had started to feel better. She's not crazy about being in a cage or being
alone. So, a little bit later, they gave her a sedative and then her first heartworm injection.

Apparently, it hurt her because she was being more vocal and acting uncomfortable so Dr. Clay
gave her some pain medication and now she is sleeping. I asked her to please give her some more before she left so she could sleep through the night and she is going to make
sure she is comfortable. I will go pick her up tomorrow afternoon and then we will be
staying at home for quite some time so she can recover properly.

She cannot have any excitement or rowdy activity...only resting and walking outside to use the
bathroom. They don't want her to throw a clot which might land in a vital organ.
Will update tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who has sent
concern, good wishes and prayers.

This is a painting of St. Francis of Assisi And The Animals that
is in one of Dr. Heartsill's treatment rooms. Beautiful.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 2:58 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.