
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I don't think I'll ever get used to this air hunger that Bella is going through. She has had a pretty rough day and she looks so tired. Just gave her a half of a sedative. Hopefully this will
take the edge off a little.
Her appetite remains good so that's a great sign. She is the sweetest girl, as she was from the
start. She just goes from the den, to the patio, to the study...just following her family around. She's an angel.
When she lands somewhere I bring the water bowl up to her and she can drink when she needs to without having to waste her energy trying to get up. She is drinking quite a bit of water.
Every day we get through this is one day closer to the finish line.
7:00PM
I spoke with the vet today and told her what a horrible time Bella was having and when I mentioned one of her symptoms, she told me that she might have picked up a kennel cough
virus in the shelter and suggested I give her Mucinex DM to help break up the stuff in her lungs and suppress the cough. I think she's a little better!!! It made me so happy!! We will just
have to see how she does tonight. Between the Mucinex and the Acepromazine, maybe she can have a comfortable night. I surely hope so. She is such a sweetie!!!
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Not long ago, I was wondering what in the world I was supposed to do with the rest of my life. I no longer wonder about that. Fortunately,I ended up in Animal Welfare work AND I just adopted a shelter dog...beautiful Bella. From now on, when I hear of a woman or even a man, struggling with Empty Nest Syndrome, wondering where their children went and when exactly they grew up and left home, wondering what to do with their lives...I think I have a great idea for them.
Doing the work that we do is such an opportunity to once again feel needed and taking care of this beautiful dog, Bella, is just more of the same. It's especially gratifying to rescue a shelter pet. You realize that you were their last chance and I think they know that you have gotten them out of a bad situation. You have the joy of taking care of them and watching them bloom and have another chance at a happy life.
This is the first time I've ever adopted a shelter animal and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. For me, this work and my animals do much more for me than I could ever
do for them. I'm grateful :)
Posted by bknd2anmls at 2:22 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.