
Monday, October 13, 2008
Just picked up some Acepromazine for Bella. Hopefully, I can keep her more comfortable than she has been. She's had a time with breathing problems but that, obviously, is part of
treating a severe case of heartworms. Dr. Heartsill said that when all of this is over she will be a new dog.
Even though she is up and down all night, she is still eating well and shows little signs of improvement...barked at Oliver, the cat :( and even at Petie, too. She knows this is her new home and seems to feel comfortable and loved in her new family. She loves her scratches and tummy rubs. God bless Bella and all the animals:)
7:00PM
Bella has been really out of it all day. I'll probably give her just 1/2 pill tomorrow evening if her breathing is bad. At one point today, she really had trouble just standing up and
walking. That's ok...it beats being fully alert and struggling for air! She is still groggy and her breathing is difficult as it is at night. One day, this will be behind her.
At one point today, before I gave her the medication, I looked at her and there was the sweetest little sparkle in her eyes and she looked like she had lived here forever. It will be great
when she is well.
She's having a hard time right now. I'm in the study with her and Petie is in the den...in the next room and can hear us. It is still amazing to me how this usually extremely jealous Chihuahua doesn't put any demands upon my time when Bella is not feeling well and I'm taking care of her.
I love my animals who live here with me. We are a family and they are a blessing.
Posted by bknd2anmls
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.