8/27/09

It's Great To Be Ollie Tamale


Thursday, November 27, 2008
Once in a while I'll be working along at home and I'll look up and see something that Oliver is doing and it just cracks me up. He does a lot of funny things and has been a very entertaining cat from the start. When he was a kitten he used to do a lot hiding and jumping out to startle my Chihuahua, Chiquita. It really was funny and Chicki enjoyed having him as a playmate.

There are many funny things he's done....tormenting Petie at bedtime by not letting him go upstairs, swatting at me on the way upstairs from behind the banister, racing me and Chicki
to my room at bedtime. He's a riot.

When we lived at Harbor Town he was really into hunting and I could see his "handiwork" more readily. Here, there are lots of woods so I'm not sure what he's up to. I'm not sure I want to
know.

Anyway, at Harbor Town, he would kill birds, hide the corpses around our neighborhood and go back and "visit" them. He would stare at them, somewhat as I've heard serial killers do.
He looked like he was reliving the whole bloody episode and the glory of the hunt. He was mesmerized at the sight of his "trophies."

A few minutes ago I was working at my desk and looked up and found him outside my bedroom. Petie is in the bed and Bella is relaxing on her soft bed on the floor. Not Ollie. He's
outside glaring at Bella, keeping an eye on her, taunting her. I just had to get a picture. The "glowing eyes" seem appropriate.

This is what I love about having multiple animals. They all have their own personalities. They react to each other and interact. Mine put themselves on schedules. I think they bring
so much joy to a home...if you just take the time to watch.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 8:40 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.