8/27/09

Teaching Bella To Cuddle








When Bella first came to our home, she didn't know what was or a tummy rub and didn't
know how to play. She didn't seem to know anything about affection. Knowing that cuddling was out of the question, I decided to try to teach her to do that today :)

So, I went over to her new soft bed that she loves so much and got on one side of it. Little by little I tried to coax her and give her the idea of what was going on but she looked at me like....what?!

Then she put her paw on the bed and I just scratched it for a while and held it and told her how sweet she was. Then I decided that since she was confused about what was going on,
I would get up and see what she did. Very quickly, she got on her bed and then I laid down beside her and put my arm around her and started to scratch her tummy. It took her a little while to get the idea but then she just relaxed and put her head down and closed her eyes.

She is such an angel. It's so rewarding to give this sweet girl a safe home and a loving
family. It's clear that she appreciates it because she still has no desire to go outside. She just wants to be with us in the house.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 5:42 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.