
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Every day that goes by, I get to know Bella better and better and I love her more and more. She is sweetness itself and there is nothing mean within her. That's the part that breaks my heart when I think about where she came from. That's the part of me that wants to go find the people who were mean to her and hurt them. Instead of letting it go and just remembering that "what goes around comes around" I tend to hang on to the outrage for what she might have suffered. I
know that's not productive so I guess I'd better practice "not going there" as they say.
The other night, Petie went out in the front yard to go to the bathroom before we turned in. Bella stood by the door the whole time, like a sweet little Mama and wouldn't move until
he was safely in. She always greets Petie and Ollie when they come in from outside and I've noticed, lately, that she and Oliver are more comfortable with each other. They even go
nose to nose when he comes in from being out in the yard.
When animals live together in a home, they tend to care about each other and I see this more and more. They become a family. One of the cutest things to me is to see how they get
in a routine and put themselves on a schedule. They are just simple little souls who want nothing more than to love and be loved.
When Bella first got here she didn't know how to play. Any attempt on my part was met with a blank stare and sometimes fear. Now, she knows all about playing and sometimes will
even come to me to get it going. She turns her head in a certain way, walks in a circle, smiles and wags her tail and I just shower her with hugs and kisses.
I will always be grateful that God brought Bella into my life. I
feel like we are soulmates. I hope we can spend many years together.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 4:51PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.