8/27/09

Separation Anxiety

Thursday, November 6, 2008
I think we took a step backwards today with the separation anxiety. I left the sweatshirt that she took to her little spot yesterday so that she would feel comforted but obviously that wasn't enough because she knocked some of my clothes on the floor... which was no big deal. Then she also moved the heavy wooden box that I keep the kitty litter box in....so that Petie can't get to it. She also moved a very heavy plastic container of the litter and put it in the middle of the doorway. I just pointed to it and told her NO a couple of times. I know she understands what I'm telling her because she is so intelligent and she usually only has to be told something once.
I'll let Dr. Heartsill know that she's still struggling with separation anxiety. It may take a while for this medication to help her....if it ever does.

Actually, the whole thing wasn't too bad. I was just happy that
she didn't tear out part of the wall the way she did the first night here! If it gets worse though, I'm going to have to keep her in the kennel or come up with something else. I'm hoping to be able to leave her out in the house when I'm gone rather than put her in the cage because she really hates that.

All day I've been coming and going and spacing my errands to help her to know that I'm going to come back. Well, she's so cute and sweet, I can forgive her. Tomorrow is another day :)
Posted by bknd2anmls at 4:20 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.