8/27/09

We Want Her To Know Happiness


Friday, November 7, 2008
Bella did well today. I had to go out twice for a little over an hour each time and when I came back, everything was in place. I know she doesn't like for me to leave but she handled it alright.

On Monday, she goes back to the vet for her second and last round of heartworm treatment.
Unfortunately, she has to get two injections, 24 hours apart and I hate that for her...but it's the only way she can get well.

When Dr. Heartsill and I decided to go ahead with treatment a month ago and not euthanize her, it was so that she could know some happiness. I didn't want her whole life to be about
suffering. That is already happening. She's had many happy days and hopefully will have many more. No animal should have a life of just suffering and the ones that make it out and
have a second chance are fortunate and they know that you have helped them and they are grateful. Everyday, I get to see her come alive just a little more and see her personality
unfold and it's a great journey.

For this round of heartworm treatment, she will stay at the vet's office for two nights and then it's back here. We'll just have to see how this recovery goes. Since it attacks the very
tiny worms rather than the full grown ones, I'm hoping this recovery will be better.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 5:02PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.