8/27/09

A Roller Coaster




Thursday, October 16, 2008
1:20AM
The bad breathing is back...not quite as congested as before but very rapid, with on and off air hunger, making it almost impossible for her to rest comfortably.I guess I wasn't expecting this after the improvement with the Mucinex DM. Maybe it has something to do with the weather
change that is due tonight and tomorrow. I just wish I could get her comfortable and see her at more peace.

Well, we will see what tomorrow brings...and I'll be praying for my Bella Rose....that's what I call her sometimes.....but mostly just Bella, which means beautiful. Not sure what tonight will be
like as far as sleeping. We can always catch up tomorrow. I just wish her a peaceful sleep and sweet dreams.

1:00PM
Last night is sort of blurry but about 3AM Bella decided to get up and chase the cat...by that I mean, check out where he was, walk around the house...like that. I hadn't expected this
because of her breathing earlier. I wouldn't let her get rowdy because she's not allowed to right now....though I think she was trying to do that. Petie gets all excited and looks at me
like....Mama!! They're fighting! Make them stop!

Then the breathing trouble came back, I gave her some Mucinex and some sedation and when I woke up this morning, she was snoring, so she got some rest. Maybe when the weather is
changing the breathing problems will show up, I don't know but right now, since the rain moved in, she's breathing very well....though that could change in the next minute. I guess
this is just part of the process of riding the body of these heartworms.

About the cat...Oliver, (aka: Ollie Tamale, Mr. Tamale.) Bella and Oliver have a mutual curiosity about each other and a mutual caution. However, it's one of those things where they
just can't leave it alone. Right now, Petie, Bella and I are in the study and Oliver is on the staircase "calling" Bella. So, out Bella goes to check him out. It's always been this way with my
animals. Bring them home, put them in the house and little by little they get to be a family.

They do funny things. Like a little while ago, Bella didn't want to go out in the rain to go to the bathroom. Petie was fine with it. So Bella waited by the front door and watched Petie. When Petie came in, he shook off the raindrops that were on his coat and then Bella shook just like that too....though there was nothing on her! It was so cute. When Oliver comes in from the rain now, he just comes over to me and "expects" me to wipe off the raindrops! Cute :)

Petie is a simple little soul...he's no trouble at all and is very cooperative. We have been sleeping in the den for the past two weeks and as long as he can be next to me, he's fine.

We've driven to Washington, DC and back twice and he was great...just slept the whole way. He's really a little angel. I do think, though, that he would like to get back to our routine of, at least, sleeping upstairs but I'm afraid that's not going to happen for a while. Bella can't go up the stairs right now and needs to stay down here and be as quiet as possible until this heartworm treatment is over.

I'm probably going to be moving in the near future and I'm thinking it would be best to have everything on one floor with a small backyard where I could have a thief proof fence for
Bella during the day if I had to be gone for a while. She definately doesn't like a crate. I'm hoping to have a small place with low maintenance and something that would make sense for the animals.

3:30PM
We are all getting a little punchy over here :) That's OK. Bella is worth it. We've been at this a couple of weeks, she is filling out, she loves her
new home, she's part of the family. Oliver loves her because he won't leave her alone and keeps calling her and taunting her as you can see from the picture! There he is over by the
staircase with his eyes all lit up. He's my Native American Cat..."Oliver Glowing Eyes!:)" Petie loves everything that happens...as long as he can cuddle up to his Mama. Well, it's fun. Some of the medicine for Bella, like her antibiotics, the steroids etc. is running out, so we must be approaching the finish line...at least for Round 1!

900pm
This is the first time I've ever noticed Bella wag her tail at me. I was coming in the room and I started clapping and singing to her like I was real happy to see her and there went that tail.
She wagged her tail once when she saw Leia, Michael's dog, but I can't remember her doing it for me. I remember when I couldn't wait to see something like that. Sweet girl. I hope she
has a good night.

She's been very relaxed today and she just goes from one favorite spot to another. If she is as mellow when she is completely well as she is now, she won't be any trouble at all. I think she just enjoys being with the family. She tends to follow us around from room to room :)
Posted by bknd2anmls at 1:20 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.