8/27/09

At Her Worst


October, 2008
1:10PM
I just added a photo of Bella "At Her Worst" which was just this last weekend. I was so afraid for her at this point. She couldn't breathe, she would choke and have to sit up in order to get
some air. Her respirations were through the roof. It was horrible. You can see from the picture that she was exhausted. It was at this point that I pulled out all my holy cards and lined them up next to her and started praying. I even put some holy water from Lourdes on her head. For those who might be tempted to ask where the Jesus holy card was and think that Catholics forget about Him......don't worry.........He's the first one! That card is hidden in this picture by Bella's head :) .....but He was the closest One to her. I also sent prayer petitions in to the Poor Clare Monastery in Frayser and the Prayers for Pets online.

Now, she is a new girl. I hope it lasts. She is resting peacefully in the study with me and Petie right now and there are no audible respirations at all. Just a girl enjoying her afternoon
nap, putting on weight, loving her new home. It has been so incredible to see this beautiful dog come back to life.

For anyone who truly wants to save a life and give give an animal another chance, I would encourage you to go to your local animal shelter and adopt.

3:30PM
I had to go to the vet's office to pick up meds for Petie and Ollie. I was gone about 15 minutes and when I got back, my girl, Bella Rose McManus, met me at the door, was smiling and
wagging her tail!! I couldn't believe it! She has a life in her today that I have not seen before. Of course, I think she is learning about the "welcome committee" from Petie because
he goes off the charts when I get back. It's all very cute :)

8:45PM
This has been Bella's best day by far. It's been a joy to see her enjoy herself and be almost free from the medical problems. Yes, she still has some abnormal breathing but compared to where it was, it's wonderful. I just gave her the first Mucinex DM for the whole day when her breathing became a little labored but for the most part, today, she has been relaxed, happy, enjoying her food and her family.

She is a sweet little soul. She has about 3 or 4 favorite spots in the house, depending on where we are. When Petie and I move to another room, she comes with us. I am very grateful for this
day and being able to see her at her "personal best" so far! :)
Posted by bknd2anmls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.