8/27/09

A Quite Day


Saturday, October 11, 2008
Bella had a good night and her main problems just seem to be fatigue and a little bit of labored respiration but that is to be expected under the circumstances. Right now, she is outside resting in her nice, cool bed that she made for herself in the garden. When she is inside, she likes to lay on the cool porcelain tile in the den. She looks a little stronger today so I think she is making
progress.

4:30PM
I said the other day that I wanted to see Bella wag her tail and today I did!! My son Michael came over for a minute to rinse his dog off outside after going to the park. I couldn't let Bella
go out and possibly get all excited or tangle with Leia so I kept her in and Michael brought Leia to the door. She went up to the glass and they went nose to nose and Michael said...she's
wagging her tail! She sure was!! They seemed to like each other and Michael and I said that one day, we might see them playing together!

Also, earlier, when they first came to the door and Petie ran up and started barking, Bella started barking too and protecting her home, I guess! She has a great bark...no one will mess with us.

Now, when I go into my office and get on the computer, she comes in here with me if Petie is in here. I think she just likes being near her family. My son thought that she looked much
healthier. He hasn't seen her in 5 or 6 days so it would be more apparent to him. I think she's going to be a great family dog :)

700PM
Breathing is labored so I gave her evening meds. Hopefully that will help. I hope one day, when these heartworms are out of her system that she can breathe normally. Wanting air is
the worst feeling. She is resting in the den.

900PM
Breathing is still labored. This is really hard to watch. Called the Pet Med Emergency Clinic. I know it has to take time for all the heartworms to breakdown and get out of her system. I
just wish I could make her more comfortable.

10:15PM
I think her breathing is a little better. She wanted to go outside in her little dirt bed and I think she likes the night air. Petie knew she was having a hard time and stayed at a distance when I was taking care of her. That's not like him. He's usually very jealous and let's me know. It's sweet how the animals are. They know.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 3:04 PM 4 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.