
Friday, October 10, 2008
I don't know how she does it but Bella can squeeze through the eye of a needle...while we are driving on the expressway. I thought I had her securely in the back seat but she decided she wanted to get in the front and you can guess where she ended up.
The doctors said she did well after the first injection for heartworms...especially today. When I got there she was sitting quitely in her cage. I got her home and she had a good dinner and is now resting in the den. About a half hour ago she had a period of heavy breathing but she's probably just exhausted from the treatment and her car antics. The plan is to just keep her as quiet as possible and let her recover.
Thank you to all who have called or emailed to find out how
she is and for all the good wishes and prayers. :)
9:45PM
Poor Bella. I feel so sorry for her. As night wore on, she began to feel really exhausted and have that same labored breathing as she had before. I'm sure this is typical at this stage of heartworm treatment but she's my baby and I hate to see her sick. One time she stood up to get some water and she just plopped down on her stomach and drank like that...too tired to even stand. So now, she has her water bowl pulled up to her so she can just get a drink when she is thirsty then go back to sleep.
If we can just see a little improvement everyday, that will be great and then one day, we will be at the end of all of this.
11:00PM
Bella's breathing is almost normal right now. She is so relaxed. This is my first time experience with heartworm disease and/or treatment and I hope it's my last. It's just great to see
her comfortable.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 6:35 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.