8/27/09

Merry Christmas



Merry Christmas!
Well, Santa came to our house so I guess Petie, Oliver and Bella have been good boys and girls. I'll say! They are the best.

Michael's dog, Leia, came over today but we had to keep her on the patio.
Unfortunately, she and Bella aren't quite there yet. A lot of barking, growling and such goes on between them still. They will get there.

Last night, I had to sternly tell Bella to sit down because she was getting ready to
go after Oliver who was on my bed, with his ears down in the attack position, hissing at her and growling. At first I felt guilty about raising my voice to her but then I realized that
1. she needed to have that boundary drawn or she would suffer the wrate of the claws
2. she has improved to the point of being able to "misbehave"........yeah!

So, every time she came back after Oliver, I told her, NO, Sit Down Bella, she did and she was spared a "claw sandwich." Oliver would be more than happy to serve it up and I don't want her to be hurt.

Besides my children and my wonderful Christmas in Washington, DC, Bella, Petie and Oliver are my best Christmas gifts! I'm so thankful that Bella has made it through a tough illness. God Bless her and all the animals!


LINK TO BELLA'S ARTICLE IN MEMPHIS ANIMAL SERVICES NEWSLETTER
http://members.petfinder.com/~TN111/Newsletters/Dec%202008.pdf

We were so honored that in December, 2008, Bella was featured in the newsletter at MAS...the shelter that I got her from. She was their success story for the month of December :) It's listed under "Love In A Dog Suit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.