8/27/09

John Returns Home From Washington, DC!


Monday, November 24, 2008
It won't be long before John gets home. He's flying in tonight from DC. I cannot wait for him to meet Bella and get to see Oliver again. He misses "the kids." When I go see him in, I
bring Petie with me so they are old friends. It will be great to have our family and some of my sons' friends back together again, together with all the animals.

I bought Bella a big, soft dogbed today. I don't know if she will use it or not but it's really nice. Petie got a new sweater, too. I'm going to try to find something cute for Bella to wear for
her picture that will go in the Memphis Animal Shelter Newsletter. She is being featured in December. I'm so happy for her. I want all the people at the shelter to see how well
she has done and how beautiful she looks.

The man that helped me put her in the car the day I picked her up and also cut the horrible collar off that she was wearing asked me to bring her back. I'm not willing to do that because it
might scare her but they will be able to see her pictures and know that she survived and is thriving.

Petie has gone crazy over this huge chewie that once belonged to Bella. It's almost as big as he is but somehow he picks it up in his mouth and flies across the room. It's so funny. I bought
some more today so hopefully everyone will be happy.

10:45PM
Wow, is it ever great to have my son John home after almost 11 months! He and Bella finally got to meet and he thought she was beautiful. Michael did bring Leia over after all and we tried to introduce them but it didn't work out. Both of them went after each other....on opposite sides of the glass door fortunately and it's the only time I've ever seen the hair on the back of Bella's neck stand up. Maybe another time.

Bella was so well behaved with new people in the house. She is so easy and cordial. She just sat down and watched everyone eat dinner and didn't beg at the table which can be really annoying. She had already eaten but that never seemed to make a difference, at least with most of my dogs in the past.

Little Petie wanted to be right in the middle of everything and after dinner when we were all in the kitchen, we looked in the dining room and found Petie walking all over
the dining room table! It was like old times with a good spaghetti dinner, friends, and
animals. Very happy.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 5:24 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.