
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A friend just sent this to me and I had to post it. It's for all of us out there who have walked down those shelter corridors and been fortunate enough to find "love in a dog suit." God Bless the animals.
"I Rescued a Human Today"~By A Shelter Dog
I rescued a human today. Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want
her to think poorly of them.....
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I leaned my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was
desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would
promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.
10:30PM
Yesterday, I bought a huge, real soft bed for Bella and put it down where she usually sleeps in my bedroom. Petie started to bark at it then after a few hours, he got on it. Bella wouldn't get anywhere near it. So, I got on it a couple of times and told Bella to come lay on it and then Petie got on with me....but we couldn't coax her on. Today, I got her to put her head on it and I guess she liked it and has been thinking it over because she just came in and walked right on it and
layed down.
She looks like she loves it. It's soft and cushy and I know it beats being out in that yard on a cold night like tonight. She HATES to go outside. I think she wonders if she goes out can she ever get back in the house. I am so glad that this sweet angel is now a member of our family.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 6:50 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.