
Bella had a bad night, though not as bad as before. She started the breathing problems again and the medication didn't help. This morning, she is still having the problem. I'll call Dr. Heartsill if I can't get it under control. I'm hoping it's just allergy to the stuff in the air. Her appetite is still good.
2:00PM
I left Bella at home for a little over an hour to see how she would do. Fair. She got into Olivers food bin and dined on cat food. She also tinkled on the kitchen rug....not good. So,unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to keep her in a cage when I'm gone. Petie has to and I'll just put them in the same room. She won't like it but she will get used to it.
Also, when the Wednesday siren goes off, Bella goes into a howl that is so funny! She puts her head up in the air and howls over and over :)
She is still following Petie's lead when it comes to the "welcoming committee" when I come home and she is really cute....smiling and wagging her tail. Petie literally screams and I sometimes wonder what my neighbors must think I'm doing to the poor little guy. It sounds terrible!
He's just happy and excited, though.
6:00PM
Spoke with Dr. Heartsill's office about Bella's overall itching and her rapid respirations. They told me to give her 75 mg. of Benadryl 2-3 times a day. I guess we are trying to figure out if
this is because of allergies. I just checked on her and she seems comfortable and is breathing easier. If the respiratory problems continue, though, Dr. Heartsill wants to see her. So, we will just have to give it a little time and see how it goes.
11:45PM
Poor Bella is just not feeling well again. The breathing is labored and I just can't get her comfortable. I think we are going to have to make a trip to the vet to see what is going on. I hope she can get some sleep tonight.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 10:37 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.