8/27/09

Sleep Over With Dr. Heartsill


Thursday, October 23, 2008
I took Bella to be checked out by Dr. Heartsill today. She has
been scratching a lot lately and her respirations are too labored. Her lung sounds are still not good, due to inflamation from the heartworm disease and possible scarring. Dr.
Heartsill put her on two inhalers and is giving her another round of one of her medications. She said Bella's case of heartworms was severe so we will just have to see how she fares in the long run.

I asked if she could have a "sleep over" because I need a break. I haven't slept in my bed in over two weeks and I'm tired. So, today, I called a friend who is a mover and I've kind
of re-arranged things. What used to be my office downstairs is now my bedroom...so I'll get to sleep there every night!

I've had to stay downstairs with Bella because it would be too strenuous for her to go up the stairs. Now all of us are living on one level and I'd forgotten just how much I like that. I'm
planning on doing that when I move...no more two stories.

So, everything is in place, I brought the crate back in and this time I plan to lock BOTH closures so hopefully she cannot get out. Petie's little crate is right next to Bella's in the laundry
room and my plan (ha ha) is that when I leave the house, they will both be crated. Bella is not going to like that but she will have to get used to it. See how tough I sound!? I'm trying to
live up to the Dog Whisperer's instructions to be the PACK LEADER :) All I know is that we have to return to somewhat of a normal life with a normal schedule.
I hope it works.

Dr. Heartsill and I were laughing today because when I left the clinic to go home, Bella gave me THE MOST pitiful look....like PLEASE don't leave me! It was really a good one and it would
have been really easy to cave in.....had I not been exhausted. It is only because I know how sweet they all are at Downtown Animal Hospital that I can leave. Dr. Heartsill and her staff
can't be beat.

9:30PM
I can't believe I forgot this.................BELLA HAS GAINED TEN POUNDS!!!

10:30PM
Well, it's bedtime. Goodnight, Bella Baby! See you tomorrow. Everything here is ready and waiting for our sweet girl. Mama, Petie and Ollie :)
Posted by bknd2anmls at 9:13 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.