8/27/09

Home Alone


Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Bella and Petie are both with Dr. Hearts ill tonight. Bella has to have one more treatment in the heartworm series. I didn't even realize this. I just took her in for a check up and that's when I found out. This isn't too bad. The injection is given under the skin and not in the muscle
and it's just aimed at the teeny tiny little stragglers. So, she will get her injection in the morning, Dr. Heartsill will watch her a few hours and I can pick her up in the afternoon.

When we got there, the tech got her weight and she has gained another 5 pounds for a total of 77 pounds! Petie weighs a litte over 6 pounds. The tech said....Bella almost gained a
Petie!

Dr. Heartsill is very happy with Bella's progress and said she looked great. She does want her to stop gaining weight and maybe stay at at around 75. That's a great problem to have
considering that we didn't even know if she would live through the first night. She was very sick but with a lot of love, prayers and a wonderful doctor, she has made a great recovery.
Dr. Heartsill said her lungs sound great, there are no heart murmers, her last labs were perfect so things are looking up.

There is a chance that she could come back heartworm positive in six months because her case was so severe and we would have to go through the whole thing all over again. I
hope that doesn't happen. I'm not sure I would put her through that again.

Petie is spending the night at Dr. Heartsill's because he's going to have his teeth cleaned in the morning. Neither one of them liked it when I left and I didn't like it either but they are in wonderful hands and I'll see them very soon....in about 22 hours :)

It is a much different feeling coming into a house without dogs. I don't think I could live like
this but I am glad that Mr. Ollie Tamale will be The King tonight. He gets to sleep on the bed and get his scratches and tummy rubs without being disturbed by jealous canines.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 6:02 PM

Welcome Home
Bella and Petie have been home 30 minutes and they have botheaten, been to the bathroom and are in their beds asleep.This is a cute little home loving bunch over here.Dr. Heartsill said that Bella looks great and she even didbetter this time with her anxiety. She's also being treated forscabes because she's been itching for a while now. We couldn'ttreat her a month ago because she was going through one ofthe heavy duty heartworm treatments and it would have beentoo much on her. I've been keeping her comfortable, for themost part, with Benadryl. I hope this clears everything up.One of the techs told me she thinks that Bella is starting toknow that people are not going to hurt her. Isn't that great?Now, she can just enjoy life.Petie had his teeth cleaned and got caught up on all his shots.He'll feel better tomorrow. They told me at the clinic thatwhen the two of them go outside together that it's obviousthat they love each other and are buddies. When Bella getstaken out, Petie wants to go too, so they take them together.Now we are all back together so things feel normal aroundhere again.Posted by bknd2anmls
Posted by bknd2anmls at 11:12 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.