

Saturday, December 20, 2008
I just called home to see how the babies are doing. Bella is doing fine and is just going along with her little routine. Oliver is being his independent little self, just happy to be on the planet. It's poor Petie who is having a really hard time.
When I called home last night, my cousin Kay didn't tell me the trouble that she was having because she didn't want me to worry but when I called this morning and all the problems
were worked out, then she told me the whole story.
She had to call Dr. Heartsill last night because Petie was so upset....going from the back door to the front, whining, waiting for me to come home, just a wreck. Dr. Heartsill told
her what to do and he has settled down now. Poor little guy...and poor Kay!
I don't think I've realized how much anxiety Petie deals with but I will address this when I get back. I think sometimes it's easy to overlook the needs of a really small dog. I tend to just scoop him up and take him alongwith me and most of the time he's content but then when I have to leave, it's hard on him. Whenever I go out of town, my cousin stays with my animals and she is just wonderful. They couldn't be in better hands.
Petie and I have made two road trips to DC together and he's a great little travelling companion. I've missed him on this trip but I flew this time so I left him at home with Kay.
The Reconcile medication has been so helpful to Bella. Maybe we can try that on Petie. I know that my little Chihuahua, Chicki, would have benefitted from it. I was going to another
vet at the time and they never suggested it, even though I asked about medication for her. We tried sedation along the way but nothing like an SSRI which Reconcile is, which tends
to be a better long range solution. Chicki had been rescued from a puppy mill when she was a little puppy and she came to us with a lot of fears.
My poor cousin. I think she has her hands full :( I hope things settle down today and tonight and I hope that she can get some rest and hide out at my house. She has a busy work week, she's a wonderful person and I would like for her to have a relaxing weekend. I hope the babies co-operate.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 11:29 AM Bella
Bella and Petie have been home 30 minutes and they have both
eaten, been to the bathroom and are in their beds asleep.
This is a cute little home loving bunch over here.
Dr. Heartsill said that Bella looks great and she even did
better this time with her anxiety. She's also being treated for
scabes because she's been itching for a while now. We couldn't
treat her a month ago because she was going through one of
the heavy duty heartworm treatments and it would have been
too much on her. I've been keeping her comfortable, for the
most part, with Benadryl. I hope this clears everything up.
One of the techs told me she thinks that Bella is starting to
know that people are not going to hurt her. Isn't that great?
Now, she can just enjoy life.
Petie had his teeth cleaned and got caught up on all his shots.
He'll feel better tomorrow. They told me at the clinic that
when the two of them go outside together that it's obvious
that they love each other and are buddies. When Bella gets
taken out, Petie wants to go too, so they take them together.
Now we are all back together so things feel normal around
here again.
Posted by bknd2anmls
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.