
October, 2008
It's usually about 3 or 4 in the morning when I've said to myself, what have I done? It was just a couple of days ago when my life was so manageable! Then the morning comes and I look at
this beautiful, sweet girl and think how fortunate we are that she is part of the family.
Today has been completely different from yesterday. She has wanted to spend
almost all her time in the house, in the den with me and Petie. She has her little spot in front of the sofa and she has passed almost the whole day just laying there, resting and sleeping and enjoying her Mama's rubs and scratches. I think she is becoming very fond of affection and kindness and is beginning to understand what it is.
One time, while she was sleeping, she started jumping and making that little noise, like she was having a bad dream and I just put my hand on her and she settled down. It was the best
feeling. Anything I can do to give her peace and quiet and help her to feel safe, just makes me feel wonderful.
I think one of the worst things is to live in fear because it robs the person or animal of dignity and the fear is there because of a cruel presence that has no respect for the other. Bella and all
the animals and the vulnerable, deserve to live a life free of fear and enjoy the dignity given to them by their Creator.
Just happened to notice a pretty iris bloom out in the yard today. It was nice to see it and brought a little bit of peace and beauty into a recently tough time for us.
Her day has been simple and yet, wonderful. Eat, go to the bathroom, come back to her spot in the den, rest, sleep, get hugs, kisses, rubs and scratches, just spend time with her new
family. The last time I let her in after she ate, she led ME to
the den! What a great feeling. She appreciates her new home
and is enjoying it...and that was the whole idea :)
1 Timothy 2: 1-8
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions
and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and
all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and
quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 3:14 PM 2 comments
this beautiful, sweet girl and think how fortunate we are that she is part of the family.
Today has been completely different from yesterday. She has wanted to spend
almost all her time in the house, in the den with me and Petie. She has her little spot in front of the sofa and she has passed almost the whole day just laying there, resting and sleeping and enjoying her Mama's rubs and scratches. I think she is becoming very fond of affection and kindness and is beginning to understand what it is.
One time, while she was sleeping, she started jumping and making that little noise, like she was having a bad dream and I just put my hand on her and she settled down. It was the best
feeling. Anything I can do to give her peace and quiet and help her to feel safe, just makes me feel wonderful.
I think one of the worst things is to live in fear because it robs the person or animal of dignity and the fear is there because of a cruel presence that has no respect for the other. Bella and all
the animals and the vulnerable, deserve to live a life free of fear and enjoy the dignity given to them by their Creator.
Just happened to notice a pretty iris bloom out in the yard today. It was nice to see it and brought a little bit of peace and beauty into a recently tough time for us.
Her day has been simple and yet, wonderful. Eat, go to the bathroom, come back to her spot in the den, rest, sleep, get hugs, kisses, rubs and scratches, just spend time with her new
family. The last time I let her in after she ate, she led ME to
the den! What a great feeling. She appreciates her new home
and is enjoying it...and that was the whole idea :)
1 Timothy 2: 1-8
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions
and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and
all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and
quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 3:14 PM 2 comments
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.