
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
This was a much different homecoming than the one a month ago :) First of all, when they brought Bella out to me at the vet's office, she was wagging her tail, smiling and she knew who I was. Last time, she didn't do any of that plus she felt horrible. Then we went in to talk with Dr. Heartsill and Bella was as calm and happy as could be and Dr. Heartsill was very pleased with her progress.
When we were in the conference room, I saw the box containing Hope's ashes and I remembered why we do the work we do in the Anti-Cruelty Taskforce. That and a couple of really sad stories today brought it all home once again.
There is a lot to do but we are making progress. Then, Bella rode home in the backseat and she's different in that way too. The first time, she was so anxious she went from the backseat to the front and tried to sit in my lap....on the expressway! Not good. This time, she was relaxed and happy. She's just getting better and better.
I hope one day that I can say...."let's go for a ride" and she will be happy to do that and we can go visit friends or do whatever we want to do! Hey! Maybe we can go chase down people who are mean to animals!! Wouldn't that be fun! She's probably too sweet to bite them though...but I'm not! I have a whole list of things I'd like to do to them!
So, then we got home and she heard Petie barking like he does when I return and her tail started wagging and she was smiling like dogs do. She went in the house and went to Petie's cage and they were very glad to see each other. I'm going to post a picture of Petie wanting to play with Bella when she got home.
All in all, she is just fine. I don't know what the next few days will bring but I'm very encouraged so far. Thanks to everyone who has followed her progress, said
prayers for her and wished her well.
9:30PM
We are all back together and it is a very sweet feeling, especially since everyone is feeling well. So, I guess we'll turn in and get up tomorrow and hopefully help some animals.
Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for bringing Bella into my life and for bringing her through her illnesses.
Thank you for Petie and Ollie and all the wonderful animals that I have known.
Thank you for Dr. Heartsill and all those who care for your animals.
May the people on earth grow in respect and love for all of
your creatures.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.