11/26/09

Thanksgiving Day, 2009


Today is Thanksgiving Day, 2009.
I have so many blessings and I'm so thankful to be alive and be here with my children and their friends. I'm thankful for everything that God has given to us...so many things I couldn't even begin to count. I am very grateful that He has provided opportunities for us to use the gifts that He gave to us. I'm also so grateful that He has brought into my life so many wonderful people who love and serve the animals. I cannot imagine not being able to be around people who love animals. These animal advocates are just the sweetest and best people. They have enriched my life so much and they have done so much good for the animals.

The only thing I ask of God is to please let me keep on living....to help more animals and to be with my children, their spouses and their children one day. That's the desire of my heart, for me personally. I also hope that we can see progress in animal and child care and see our society have a greater appreciation and respect for all groups who are vulnerable and who need good people to take up for them and show them love. The world seems to be in a mess right now so we have a long way to go but I think there are more good people than bad people so that's encouraging a little.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. She lost her mother a year ago and she was telling me how in the first year, she found herself thinking of dates and thinking...a year ago, we were doing this or that, a year ago she was alive, a year ago...

Today I find myself thinking of Bella in the same way. A year ago, on Thanksgiving Day, Bella was really starting to feel well, she had come through her heartworm treatment, she felt happy, peaceful and safe with her new family....and we were all so happy to have her and loved her so much.

The picture is a photo of a new iris bloom I saw in the yard today and somehow thought of Bella. Everything outside almost is dying as the winter comes on but this flower is blooming, it is resisting dying, it is living. I think that is Bella. I think she is with God, alive and well. I think she is happy and enjoying all that God had waiting for her when her spirit left her body. I think I will see her again one day and that thought makes me especially happy. I think she and I will be very happy to see each other once again.

The first thing I plan to do is give her a great big hug and I know that before I even will be able to get to her, she will be turning her head to the side, with a big smile on her facce, like she always did when she knew I was coming to hug her.

Why would I ever be afraid to die with Bella waiting for me?
I love you sweet Bella Rose. I always will...forver and ever. Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.