9/20/09

Interesting Dream


Last week I had a dream. I was back in our house on Walnut Grove. I was looking in a drawer where my mother kept old family photographs...from multiple generations.

All of a sudden my cousin's little girl, who is four years old, came in the room and came over to me. She was dressed in the beautiful off white long flower girl dress with the pink sash that she had worn to a wedding. She is an only child but there was another child with her....a smaller child, playing alongside her...following her where she went .......but independent.

The older child came over to me and said...."Diane, there is something that you MUST do." I said, ok, what is it? (Normally, of course, she doesn't talk like this...but it was a dream) She said.... "you must always take care of Bella."

I was a little startled but said...oh, I will, I promise! Then, because she seemed concerned and needed reassurance, I went on to tell her that Bella was in a very sweet place, that there were other animals there with her and a pond....it was peaceful and pretty and I promised that I would always take care of her.

I'm not one to give much importance to dreams and I've never been the "psychic" type but I started to think about this dream and something told me that it meant something.

I wrote to her mother and to her grandmother and told them about the dream. I said to her mother...."are you pregnant?"

The grandmother wrote back and said....no, she's not pregnant but that was a really sweet dream. I hadn't heard anything from the child's mother until today. She said, I've been putting off calling you because Mom and Dad didn't know until this weekend....but I am pregnant!! She and her husband could not believe the timing of this dream or my question to her..."are you pregnant?"

So I was trying to figure out if the other child in the dream was a boy or a girl and I can't really say for sure. I told her that the other, smaller child in the dream might have been wearing a very light blue cotton outfit but I didn't know if it was a dress or a little boy's outfit. If I had to guess one over the other, I would say that that child was another girl......but I'm just not sure. I did tell her, though, that the child was healthy, which is the only important thing really.

We will find out in December if it's a boy or a girl...but I just had a feeling that this dream meant something....and having her say that about Bella helped me to remember it I guess.

In real life, the child had never met Bella but her grandmother had and she was very moved by her story and loved her very much.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I think dreams are blessings sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby was a healthy little boy. He is just adorable and so funny. He loves life :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.