Saturday, November 1, 2008
Bella had some breathing problems last night at bedtime and then again this morning. She seemed restless so we got up early and I gave her breakfast around 6am then we went back
to sleep. The breathing problems did continue, though until just recently when I gave her some Benadryl. I don't know if this is coincidental or if this is because of the Benadryl. If so,
it may be allergy but I can never nail down a particular reason each and every time. The possibilities are 1. heartworms being removed from her body, 2. allergy, 3. inflammation and
scar tissue in her lungs, 4. anxiety....so I just don't know but I wish I could help her because the breathing problems are the worst part of what she goes through, I think.
She's comfortable now and resting really peacefully. We are making progress. She still doesn't have a whole lot of energy but I'm not going to worry about that until we get down the road a few months.
She still has to go through the second part of her heartworm treatment before we even think of her energy getting built up. For the most part, except for the breathing problems, she
is at peace and happy.
10:20PM
Bella has had a pretty good day. The Benadryl seemed to help her quite a bit and I just gave her another dose to get her through the night. Hope she can rest easily and get a good
sleep.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Beautiful Girl Bella had a little respiratory trouble for about a half hour last night but she did calm down and slept well the rest of the night.
10:30PM
Bella has had a good day...except for periods of respiratory distress....mainly
breathing rapidly. I keep wondering what all of that is about. I'm hoping that when the heartworm treatment is over, that this will be gone. We can't be sure, though, until we get there.
Her case of heartworms was so severe that she may have permanent scarring in her lungs but I hope not. I am just crazy about this beautiful girl. She has the most endearing qualities. She is a sweetie.
Posted by bknd2anmls at 11:54 AM
8/27/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.