9/2/09

Update On Bella And Ollie



Sunday, April 26, 2009
I am shocked to be able to report that Bella Rose has completely changed course in the way she reacts to Oliver. I was very strict with her (my one and only time) because she was terrorizing him!

I said NO in a stern voice, I used the water squirt bottle (mist only) and reinforced over and over what I expected of her. Now, unbelievably, she not only doesn't bother him, she won't even look at him! She ignores him and has been doing this for several weeks now.

Ollie comes and goes as he pleases. He comes in the same room where she is. She never reacts at all. He joins me in bed at night...and basically does whatever he wants. It's wonderful.

Everyone is much happier this way...Oliver, Bella and Mama.
Petie has developed somewhat of an attitude now but Oliver just ignores him.

I have missed Mr. Tamale and I know he missed his Mama. All is well again.

Must report that this unfortunately didn't last long. Bella started having her fits again. One night he nailed her, I looked over and Bella had blood on her tongue. I had the Michael Attitude at that point...."she will learn".......only she didn't.

It always went back and forth and later in the game Bella was getting more aggressive and trying to get up in the bed to get Ollie. Petie always tried to be the referee and keep Bella from hurting Ollie. In that department, at least, we all did survive.


BELLA'S ARTICLE IN ANIMAL RESCUE SITE:

Sweet Bella Rose

In October, 2008, I adopted an abused and neglected female German Shepherd from our local shelter in Memphis, Tennessee. In the span of 8 months, we have come a long way together. She has overcome numerous physical and emotioinal problems and today is enjoying a happy and peaceful life with people and other animals who love her.

The bond between us is very strong. I would encourage anyone to adopt an animal who has been mistreated. They understand what you are trying to do for them and they repay you a hundred fold with their love and devotion.

There was a time that this beautiful angel wasn't loved and appreciated but those days are over. I love her with all my heart. She is a soulmate and the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.