
Friday, March 20, 2009
Things are a little better between Bella and Oliver but we have a long way to go.
I use my "pack leader" voice with Bella and even Petie when they get an attitude about Oliver. Even little Petie is starting to imitate Bella some...or maybe he's just trying to shoo Ollie away to avoid a fight...because Petie HATES fights and
confusion.
I have a water bottle and when Bella starts to be aggressive with Ollie, I give her a little squirt. I also pet Ollie and get his scent all over my hands, then go
over to Bella and rub her paws and front legs and talk to her nicely about Ollie. She knows what I mean. Bella is a very smart girl.
I'm also trying to associate positive things with Oliver. When Bella is eating her food on the patio, I pick Oliver up and go to the window so Bella can see. She just goes back to eating. At night, when I bring Ollie in bed, I bring Bella a treat.
Yesterday, Oliver even came to me at my desk when I was working and wanted to sit on my lap. He hadn't done that in a long time.
Bella knows what she is supposed to do and she's better but I have to just stay strong and not let her get away with anything. I'm hoping for the best because this isn't fair to Oliver. He misses being with his family.
10:00PM
Came home this afternoon and Bella had eaten my last comfortable pair of shoes. Oh, well, I needed to replacethem, anyway. Leaving her and wondering what she will do is
a little bit of a challenge. She hasn't tried to consume any of the furniture so that's good...just smaller things which can be easily replaced.
She's so good in every other way (except going after Ollie) thatI just can't get too upset about it. She's a wonderful girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.